Phoenix Holiday Retreat
Phoenix Retreat is a 4 star 2 bedroom disabled holiday accommodation, suitable for wheelchair users, situated in the picturesque village of Braunton, North Devon, well serviced with shops, restaurants, pubs, pharmacy and GP. An excellent base for sightseeing in the beautiful South West of England.
- Wheelchair accessible bungalow
- Level access throughout
- 4 star 2 bedroom sleeps 4
- Large living/dining room wiith bed settee
- Fully equipt Kitchen
- Seperate Wet room with shower
- Whirlpool/spa bath
- Large garden with deckind & BBQ
- Own driveway
- Suitable for guests with a wide range of disabilities.
- Pets are welcome by arrangement, apart from guide dogs which are automatically accepted.
Disabled equipment available (included in cost of your holiday):
- Bedroom (1): Overhead hoist (max. 130 Kg), Electric hospital bed with pressure mattress or Nimbus 3 Airwave mattress, orthopaedic single bed, slide sheets, V pillow, Commode chair, Wooden framed commode chair, heel cushion gel pad
- Wet room: Shower/commode chair, disabled access toilet and sink, pull down rail next to toilet, hand rails
- Bathroom: Powered bath chair, raised toilet seat.
- Kitchen: bendable cutlery, plate guard and more
- Living room: Recliner chair, trolley table, pressure cushion, Lap tray.
- General: Electric outdoor wheelchair (for getting around the village), Kirton Duo Major manual chair, Rota stand, Midi Oxford hoist, walking frame, 3 wheel walker, manual wheel chair, helping hand grabber, pivot disc turnplate, neck support, gloves and aprons, supply of emergency incontinence pads, first-aid kit.
PLEASE NOTE YOU WOULD NEED TO PROVIDE YOUR OWN SLINGS.l
As well as offering holiday let accommodation, we can offer a care service should you require it while you are on holiday.
The care would be provided through our domiciliary care agency Phoenix Care At Home Ltd. We are a registered care agency rated excellent with CSCI (Commission Social Care Inspection) now CQC (Care Quality Commission).
"Lovely holiday for a week in June. Womderfully equipped bungalow for wheelchair user. We enjoyed the quiet location, and beautiful surrounding area. "
"After going to se this disabled holiday bungalow I was highly jealous! I live in Braunton myself in an adapted bungalow so it's not the stunning area we live, but the bungalow itself."
"Lovely 5 day break. Travelled around and had a lovely time. Bungalow was well equipped, many thanks. "
"Had a lovely time again in your bungalow, a real home from home experience we will be back once again. "